Central Wyoming College cross country team hosted a two-way meet Sept. 25. with Gillette College. The course was a 5k, looping through campus twice.
“The team did really well at our home meet and it was nice to see the CWC community support the team,” said Al Lara, cross country coach. “This meet will continue to get better and better each year and having a nationally ranked team come to this meet could help bring other teams join in the future.”
For the men’s division, Clay Johnson freshman placed fourth with a time of 17:13 with teammate Brion Riley freshman right behind with a time of 17:57. The men’s team stayed close together during the race; placing consecutively in rank. Sixth place went to freshman James Asmus followed by Brytan Spoonhunter freshman and Cameron Collamer also a freshman.
Freshman Kate Kling led the Rustler team placing second with a time of 24:09. Teammate Kianna WollowingBull freshman placed fourth with a time of 26:06.
“I was happy with how everyone ran,” Lara said. “They were in good spirits after the race.”
- Festus Lagat: 15:50-Gillette College
- Asher Catterall: 16:49-Gillette College
- Tre Riley: 17:04-Gillette College
- Clay Jonhson: 17:13-CWC
- Brion Riley: 17:57-CWC
- James Asmus: 18:58-CWC
- Brytan Spoonhunter: 19:16-CWC
- Cameron Collamer: 19:24-CWC
- Dreyson Nicholas: 19:39-Gillette College
- Kyle Blackeleish: 19:53-Gillette College
- Daniel Primi: 21:20-CWC
- Samantha Harmon: 20:51-Gillette College
- Kate Kling: 24:09-CWC
- Casey England: 24:58-Gillette College
- Kianna WallowingBull: 26:06-CWC
- Kayly Scheller: 29:46-Gillette College
The next meet is the Montana State University Billings invite Oct. 9.